Bp Premier allows the practice to send reminders about upcoming appointments by SMS to a patient's mobile device. For example:
Before you can send SMS reminders to a patient, you must:
- Set up SMS reminders in Bp Premier
- Obtain consent from the patient and record this consent in the patient demographic.
Before a patient is able to have SMS reminders sent to them, they must have consent for SMS reminders enabled in their demographic record.
Note: SMS reminders should follow your practice’s policies for telephone and electronic communications.
- Search for the patient using any of the patient search methods: File > Open Patient, View > Patient, or press F2.
- Click Edit to open the Patient details screen.
- Tick Consent to SMS Reminder.
- The mobile phone number entered must be in the Australian format of ‘0400 000 000’ (with or without spaces). The number must not have a ‘+’ or ‘61’ prefix. Incorrectly formatted numbers will be rejected by the message provider service and will not be delivered to the patient.
- Click Save.
To send a patient a single SMS reminder, the patient must have an appointment in the appointment book.
- Select the patient's appointment and select Utilities > Send single SMS from the menu. The Send single SMS screen will appear.
- Type in your message and click the Send button. The SMS will be sent immediately. You can check replies to single sent messages.
- From the appointment book, select Utilities > Send SMS Reminder. The SMS Reminders screen will appear.
- Use the fields on the left hand side to generate a list of appointments to send SMS reminders:
- By date span
- By date range
- Search appointments by time between
- Exclude appointments that already have a reminder sent
- Excluding appointments made within the last 'x' days
- Include doctors' appointments
- Include appointment types.
- Where a patient has multiple appointments in the selected range or there are multiple patients who have the same mobile phone number, a Duplicate SMS Reminders screen will appear. This screen shows each appointment that would generate a duplicate SMS.
- Untick the appointments that you don't want SMSes sent for and click the Send all Reminders button.
To check replies, you must enable the Check for replies to SMS Reminders option when configuring SMS reminders.
- From the appointment book, select Utilities > Check SMS Reminder Replies. The SMS Reminder Replies screen will be displayed.
- Search for the appointments you want to view replies for using the fields at the top of the screen:
- appointment date
- sent date
- when the reply was received
- delivery status
- the text that was in the reply.
- Hide appointments when attendance already updated is ticked by default, so you will only see appointments which have not been confirmed or declined
- Hide appointments with no patient reply only shows appointment reminder that have been replied to
- Hide deleted appointments removes deleted appointments from display.
An attendance legend at the bottom of the screen and an attendance status icon is displayed on the left of each appointment:
- A green circle icon means that the appointment has accepted.
- A red circle icon means that the appointment has been declined.
- A yellow circle icon means that they have been sent an SMS reminder but have not accepted or declined.
You can manually update the appointment and appointment attendance using the SMS Reminder Replies screen or the Appointment Attendance screen.