Bp Comms User Permissions
After you upgrade to Indigo SP1 or later, the user permission 'Send SMS Reminders' will be renamed to 'Send Bp Comms Messages', and will be retained after the upgrade for users who had this permission set. 'Send Bp Comms Messages' governs all electronic communication methods sent from anywhere in Bp Premier. Best Practice Software recommend reviewing this permission for users who will be required to send Bp Comms messages.
- Select Setup > Users from the main screen of Bp Premier.
- Select the user you want to enable permissions for and click Edit. The Edit user details screen will appear.
- Click Set Permissions. Scroll down to the bottom of the permissions list and look for the permission Send Bp Comms Messages.
- Change the permission status to Allowed, and click Save.
- Repeat steps 2–4 for all users who need to send Bp Comms messages.
A user with 'Allowed' set for the Send Bp Comms permission can:
- Send appointment reminders
- Send bulk messages from a mail merge
- Send messages via the Inbox and Follow up inbox
- Send via the Bp Comms menu in the patient record
- Resend messages from contact notes
Note: The version of Bp Premier for this online help knowledge base has been ‘sunset’: official support for this version has ceased, including the provision of version-specific templates, old reports, minimum software requirements, and maintenance of the online help. Best Practice Software recommend upgrading to the latest version of Bp Premier, available from the Resource page of our website. Support is always available to assist our users in upgrading to the latest version.