Reminder letter templates are used to send reminder letters to patients (for example, a regular cervical screen is due, or an annual blood pressure test).
What templates are supplied with Bp Premier?
Best Practice Software supplies many system templates as part of Bp Premier. You can use these templates if they suit your practice, but you cannot save changes to a system template. If you want to modify a system template, you must save the template under a new name.
Your practice may choose to create a generic reminder letter, intended to be used for all reminder reasons, or may wish to create a letter template with specific layout and wording for each type of reminder.
After you create your templates, advise practice staff of the correct template to be used for reminders.
Create a reminder letter template
- From the main Bp Premier screen, click the icon, press F4, or select Utilities > Word processor from the menu. The word processor will be displayed.
- If you are creating a blank template from scratch, select Templates > New Template from the menu. A blank document will be displayed.
- Use the template fields from the list on the left hand side where you want to automatically insert information (for example, <PtTitle><PtSurname> is substituted with something like 'Mr Smith' when the letter is created) .
- When creating a generic template, include the template field <ReminderReason> found under Reminder letters so that the reminder reason is included in the letter.
- When you are finished drafting the template, select File > Save as from the menu. The Template Detail screen will be displayed.
- Enter the Template name.
- If other users will be using this template, tick the box Available to all users.
- Click Save.
If you are editing an existing template, select Templates > Edit Template and select a template to modify from the Word Processor templates screen.
The template will now be available when reminders are sent by mail from the Reminders screen.
Note: The version of Bp Premier for this online help knowledge base has been ‘sunset’: official support for this version has ceased, including the provision of version-specific templates, old reports, minimum software requirements, and maintenance of the online help. Best Practice Software recommend upgrading to the latest version of Bp Premier, available from the Resource page of our website. Support is always available to assist our users in upgrading to the latest version.