If you have upgraded to Indigo Service Pack 1, you have access to Healthlink 's online directory of health service providers from the word processor. When editing documents, you can look up and insert details for a health service provider from the online directory, as well as contacts stored in Bp Premier's local contacts list.
You can import and synchronise your local contacts list with the online directory. For example, if a provider works remotely and returns to the practice, local contacts can be updated with the latest information from the Online Directory. You can also choose to unlink a local contact so that it is no longer updated from a synchronisation.
When you synchronise local contacts with the Online Directory, Bp Premier will attempt to map health service provider specialist codes from the directory (stored as SNOMED codes) to contact 'Categories' in Bp Premier, such as 'Psychiatrist' or 'Cardiologist'. See Mapping SNOMED specialty codes to contact categories for more information.
Select the online directory to use:
- In Bp Premier, select Setup > Configuration > General tab.
- From the Online Directory for Contacts dropdown, select 'Healthlink'.
- Click Save.
Set the user's preferences to include the online directory:
- Log in to Bp Premier as the provider who needs access to the Online Directory, or an administrator who can update preferences for other users.
- Select Setup > Preferences > Letters tab.
- If you are enabling access for another user, select the User name at the top you want to modify preferences for.
- Tick Display Online Directory on contact selection screen.
- Click Save.
The nominated user can now access the Online Directory from the word processor.
Add contact details from the Online Directory
- Press F4 or select Utilities > Word processor to open the word processor. Open a blank document or template.
- Position the cursor where you want to insert contact details in the document.
- From the list of fields on the left-hand side, double-click any of the fields under Addressee or Other contact.
- The new Select addressee or Select other contact window will open, showing the Local Directory contacts directory in the top half and the Online Directory contacts in the bottom half.
- Start typing in the Name Search field to filter both lists by surname.
- You can filter the Online Directory by Postcode to narrow the results.
- Click on a contact in the bottom list and select Use Contact to insert the specified field. For example, if you added the Name template field, the contact's name will be retrieved from the Online Directory and inserted.
Note: There is still a 1:1 relationship between the Addressee and a letter. If you have inserted an Addressee template field, any other Addressee fields will insert data from the same contact. To insert other contact details, select fields from Other contact.
The Online Directory shows the provider's specialty in brackets and the practice name in the address line for easier identification.
Synchronise the Online Directory with local contacts
You can synchronise a contact shown in the Online Directory list with the Local Directory list, which is stored in Bp Premier's database. Synchronisation performs the following:
- If the selected contact in the Online Directory list does not exist as a contact in Bp Premier, Bp Premier will create a new local contact record with details imported from the Online Directory.
- If a synchronised contact exists in the local directory, the local contact will update details from the Online Directory.
- If a similar, unsynchronised contact already exists in the local directory, Bp Premier will prompt you to select whether to overwrite the local record or create a new local record. Bp Premier will look at the first name, surname, phone number, and email address to judge similarity.
- From the Select addressee or Select other contact window, use the Name Search and Postcode fields to filter the list of results shown in the Online Directory in the bottom half.
- Click on a contact in the Online Directory. Click Synchronise.
- If a similar local record exists, Bp Premier will prompt to overwrite or create a new contact:
- Click Create New to create a new local contact, or select the record to overwrite and click Merge with Selected to overwrite a local record.
- Bp Premier will add or merge the local contact and display the updated Local Directory list with the new record.
During synchronisation, Bp Premier may prompt you to map a contact's specialty code to a Bp Premier contact category. See Mapping SNOMED specialty codes to contact categories for more information.
The following window may appear during synchronisation:
Contacts recorded in the Online Directory use a SNOMED code to indicate the provider's specialty. Bp Premier does not record the SNOMED specialty code for a contact. Instead, Bp Premier contacts use a Contact Category to indicate a health service provider's specialty. The contact category list is a user-editable list maintained from the Bp Premier configuration settings.
This window asks you to select which contact category you would like to map to the displayed Speciality Code. Click the category from the list that best maps to the displayed Specialty Code and Specialty Name and click OK. In the example above, the Specialty Code '17561000' is being mapped to the contact category 'Cardiology'.
If you cannot find a suitable contact category, you can create one from this window. You can also record Specialty Code mappings for a contact category, so that future synchronisations will automatically map.
Create a new contact category
- Click Create New from the Specialty Code Mapping window. The Contact List Categories window will appear.
- Enter a meaningful category name and leave the Individual option selected. Click Save to save the new category.
Map a Specialty Code to a contact category
- From the Specialty Code Mapping window, select the contact category you want to add a mapping to.
- Click Create New from the Speciality Code Mapping window. The Contact List Categories window will appear.
- Click Code Mappings. The Contact Type Mappings window will appear.
- Click Add. The Contact Type Mapping window will appear.
- Type a SNOMED specialty code into the text field and click OK. This will map the specialty code to the Bp Premier category you selected back in the Specialty Code Mapping window.
- Repeat to map as many specialty codes to the contact category as you need.
- Click OK from the Contact Type Mappings window to save the mapping.
The next time you import directory contacts into the local contact list, Bp Premier will automatically map any specialty codes to the specified contact category.
Unlink a synchronised local contact
You can unlink a local contact from the Online Directory. Unlinked local contacts will no longer have details updated during a synchronisation. However, unlinked records will still trigger the 'Potential Duplicates Found' alert.
- Select View > Contacts or press F11 from the main Bp Premier screen to open the Contacts window.
- Double-click a contact from the left hand list to open the Contact Details window.
- Click Unlink in the bottom left.
- Bp Premier will prompt you to confirm the unlink.
- Click Yes. The local contact will no longer be synchronised with the Online Directory.
Note: The version of Bp Premier for this online help knowledge base has been ‘sunset’: official support for this version has ceased, including the provision of version-specific templates, old reports, minimum software requirements, and maintenance of the online help. Best Practice Software recommend upgrading to the latest version of Bp Premier, available from the Resource page of our website. Support is always available to assist our users in upgrading to the latest version.