An SMS Reminder Schedule automatically sends SMS reminders based on set criteria. For example, you could automatically send reminders to patients with specific appointment types, or all patients for a specified provider.
The procedures below assume that your practice will use Bp Service instead of the older Bp Link process to schedule automated SMS reminders. If you are running version Lava or later, Best Practice Software using Bp Service to scheduled automated functions. See Set up Bp Service for more information.
- Log in to the Bp Premier server. Select Setup > Configuration > Bp Service.
- Tick Use BP Service for running automated SMS and click Configure Automated SMS.
- The SMS Automated Schedules screen shows a list of your current automated SMS schedules.
- To add a new schedule, click Add. The Add/Edit SMS Schedule screen will appear.
- The options on the left-hand side set the default search criteria to automatically send SMS Reminders for. This screen is very similar to the SMS Reminders screen used to send reminders to bulk patients.
- On the right-hand side, enter a Schedule Name.
- Select how often to send scheduled reminders from the Send SMS reminders drop-down, and what time of day to send from the Send time field.
- Select the SMS template to use. You can create new templates from the SMS Reminders screen.
- Press OK to confirm the schedule.
For example, you could choose to automatically send SMS reminders to any standard appointments made for all doctors at your practice, except for appointments made within the last five days. Or you could create a schedule that only sends reminders for immunisations and pap smear appointments with Doctor Ivor Cure.
Note: The version of Bp Premier for this online help knowledge base has been ‘sunset’: official support for this version has ceased, including the provision of version-specific templates, old reports, minimum software requirements, and maintenance of the online help. Best Practice Software recommend upgrading to the latest version of Bp Premier, available from the Resource page of our website. Support is always available to assist our users in upgrading to the latest version.