Bp Premier can send reminders about upcoming appointments by SMS to a patient's mobile device. For example:
Before you can send SMS reminders to a patient, you must:
- Set up SMS reminders in Bp Premier
- Obtain consent from the patient and record this consent in Consent to SMS Reminder option in the patient demographics.
What would you like to do?
To send a patient a single SMS reminder, the patient must have an appointment in the appointment book.
- Open the appointment book. Select the patient's appointment and select Utilities > Send single SMS from the menu. The Send single SMS screen will appear.
- Type in your message and click the Send button. The SMS will be sent immediately. You can check replies to single sent messages.
- From the appointment book, select Utilities > Send SMS Reminder. The SMS Reminders screen will appear.
- Use the fields on the left hand side to generate a list of appointments to send SMS reminders:
- By date span
- By date range
- Search appointments by time between
- Exclude appointments that already have a reminder sent
- Excluding appointments made within the last 'x' days
- Include doctors' appointments
- Include appointment types.
- Where a patient has multiple appointments in the selected range or there are multiple patients who have the same mobile phone number, a Duplicate SMS Reminders screen will appear. This screen shows each appointment that would generate a duplicate SMS.
- Untick the appointments that you don't want SMS messages sent for and click the Send all Reminders button.
To check replies, you must enable the Check for replies to SMS Reminders option when configuring SMS reminders.
- From the appointment book, select Utilities > Check SMS Reminder Replies. The SMS Reminder Replies screen will be displayed.
- Search for replies using the fields at the top of the screen:
- appointment date range
- sent date range
- date range during which reply was received
- delivery status
- text to search for in the reply.
- Hide appointments when attendance already updated will only show appointments which have not been confirmed or declined
- Hide appointments with no patient reply only shows appointment reminders that have been replied to by a patient
- Hide deleted appointments removes deleted appointments from display.
Note: Patient replies over 170 characters will be truncated. Bp Premier will display a message that the message was truncated, and only the first 170 characters will be shown.
If your system is configured to Automatically confirm or decline appointment attendance when the patient replies ‘YES’ or ‘NO’ to SMS reminder, Bp Premier will automatically update the status of an appointment.
More attendance management options are available fro the Appointment Attendance screen. See Check patient SMS replies for more information.
Note: The version of Bp Premier for this online help knowledge base has been ‘sunset’: official support for this version has ceased, including the provision of version-specific templates, old reports, minimum software requirements, and maintenance of the online help. Best Practice Software recommend upgrading to the latest version of Bp Premier, available from the Resource page of our website. Support is always available to assist our users in upgrading to the latest version.