You can import templates from other Bp Premier locations at your practice, other sites, or even from other clinical software applications.
To be imported into Bp Premier, a template must be:
- created in an application which supports TX text controls for creating fields (Best Practice and Medical Director 2 and MD3 support TX controls)
- in .RTF (rich text format).
Important: Do not open any file to be imported in an external word processor, because any template fields will be lost. If you are downloading a template from a website or email, right-click the link and select Save as so you can save the document to disk rather than open the document in the default application.
- Save the template file to a known folder on the Bp Premier server or anywhere accessible in the network.
- From the main Best Practice screen, click the icon or select Utilities > Word processor from the menu. When in a patient record, select File > New Letter The word processor will open.
- Select Templates > Import Template. Browse to the directory that you have saved the .RTF template into.
- Select the file name to be imported and click Open.The template will be displayed in the word processor.
- Make any changes to the imported template.
- Save the template and select Available to all users to allow other users access to the template.
You can create documents from the imported template.