This article guides through the process of synchronizing Bp Allied and your Google Calendar.
Before you start
Limitations with this function:
- There is a maximum number of appointment updates and changes that can occur within 100 seconds. Hence, trying to use this function with more than 10 calendars from within Bp Allied can result in issues.
- This is a one way synchronisation from Bp Allied to Google Calendar. Once set-up and the initial export have been completed, any changes are pushed up to your Bp Allied Google Calendar.
- NO recurring meetings will sync across to Google Calendar, and therefore be available in iCal. This is because we can't guarantee that they will update correctly if any changes are made to them in Bp Allied. For example, if one instance of the meeting is moved in Bp Allied, it doesn't move in Google Calendar, it gets duplicated. That is, the original meeting is in there at it's originally schedule date and time and during the sync process the meeting at it's new date and time is also synchronised but the old one does not get moved or removed. So there is a duplicate of the meeting.
- If a computer is offline when an appointment is made, it will NOT transfer to google calendar. It only works when the computer the appointment is made from is online and has a valid token at the time of the creation of the appointment.
NOTE We DO NOT recommend google sync as a primary method of letting practitioners know that they have appointments.
- A Gmail Account.
- If you have a Google App for Business account, e.g. with your own domain name, these do not work with the Google Calendar export function. They are set up differently to a Gmail account and we are unable to export to them.
A Google Calendar for Bp Allied
- We strongly recommend that you create a New Calendar to show your Bp Allied Appointments. This will prevent any non-Bp Allied related information from being removed during a full refresh.
- The details on how to create a new google calendar are here.
- One Gmail account can be used with multiple practitioner calendars. A separate calendar needs to be created for each practitioner.
Set up in Bp Allied
You can set up appointments, both Client and Casual as well as non-recurring meetings to be synchronised. Changes to your Bp Allied calendar will be uploaded to your Google Calendar if the Google Calendar details are filled out in the System > Options > User Administration > Google Calendar.
Cancelled appointments are not displayed in your Google Calendar, neither are recurring meetings.
IMPORTANT You must be logged in as the User that is having the calendar exported.
- Go to the System tab.
- Click on Options.
- Click on User Administration.
- Navigate to the Google Calendar tab for the Practitioner that you're setting up Google Sync for.
Tick the Enable Google Calendar Sync tick box.
Enter in your Google Login (email address).
If Google Calendar sync was in use prior to the update to 22.214.171.124 then start at this point here.
As a result of the upgrade, the information in the Access Code field is the email account password. This is no longer used.
- Click Get Access Code.
- A web browser will open onto a Google Web page and one of the following three things could occur:
- If you have more than one Google Account, it will ask you to choose one and get you to login if you're not already.
- If you only have one Google Account and you're not logged in, it will ask you to log in.
- If you are logged in to your only Google account, it will carry onto the next step.
- Find your Google Calendar ID if it is not already entered from using Google Sync previously. Details on how to find your Google Calendar ID are on our website.
- Paste in the Google Calendar ID.
- Click Test Credentials button.
- Click Apply & OK to save.
The button should change to Test Credentials (Succeeded).
If your Credentials do not succeed try the following:
- Re-enter your Google Login and test again.
- Confirm your Google Login by logging directly into your Google Account.
- Create a new Access Code and re-copy into Bp Allied.
- Review the help page on where to find your Google Calendar ID.
- Re-copy in your Google Calendar ID and test again.
Click the Check Calendar is accessible button.
The button should change to Calendar Accessible (Succeeded).
The following error may appear:
This message might appear for several reasons:
- Bp Allied has not been restarted.
- You are not logged in as the User of the calendar that is being exported. This means that the Google Calendar set-up information has not been entered under this login. For a calendar to be exported, the Google calendar options must be set up under that login.
Set your Days in Arrears and Days in Advance.
TIP The more Days in Arrears and Days in Advance are set, the longer your calendar synchronisation will take.
Tick any of the options above to have this information exported to Google Calendar. Click Apply.
Update any additional practitioner google calendar settings as required. Click Ok.
To export details to Google for a specific practitioner for the first time, navigate back to the Appointment Book screen and right click on the date and choose Upload to Google.
Export the Calendar using the Export to Google/iCal button in the Appointment Book screen.