There is an option that allows ONE or multiple referrals to be selected as current for a client. Because of the increase in multi-disciplinary practices it has become necessary in some cases for a client to have more than one referral. This is managed using the practice-wide option of Allow Multiple Current Referrals.
Watch the video V7 Referral Updates. This masterclass tutorial explains how to use the new referral functionality in the V7 release of Bp Allied, including indefinite referrals, managing the expiry of duration based referrals as well as using the allow multiple current referral option. Also included is the Client Management report and other tips for managing multiple current referrals.
There can be only ONE Current Referral.
When the Current Referral box is ticked, this is the trigger that will attach it to an appointment by default.
If the referral is entered after an appointment is made, it will not be attached to the appointment.
- The appointment will not be included in the appointment count for that referral.
- Important if it is a session limited referral as the count will be out.
- Important if it is a duration limited referral as the First Appointment date might be incorrect.
- The referral will not print out on an Invoice.
- It will also not merge into a letter related to the appointment.
- Bp Allied will not warn you when the number of appointments, or the duration of the referral have been used up.
There can be more than one Current Referral
The referral with the latest Referral Date that is also ticked as a Current Referral will attach itself to an appointment by default.
All Referrals will need to be manually checked when added to an appointment to ensure that the correct one has been selected.
The Referral No field can be used as a way to distinguish one referral from another.