Entering a Provider number into Bp Allied allows this number to be printed out onto invoices and it is also be used in online claiming functions.
On this page
All fields require a value for a Provider Number entry.
Additional Health Fund values can be entered via Data Maintenance.
If a Practitioner only has one Provider number for all Health Funds, the value <ALL> can be used.
If a Practitioner only has one Provider number for all Locations, the value <ALL> can be used.
This does not apply to Medicare Online Claiming or Tyro Healthpoint set up (see details below).
- Click in the Click here to add a new row field.
- Enter in the values from each of the drop-down fields as required (details above), for example:
Health Fund = Medicare (for Medicare Online Claiming see the options below).
Location = Your location.
Provider Number = Your Medicare provider number.
Auth Group = disabled. Only relevant for Medicare Online Claiming.
MOC Active = disabled. Only relevant for Medicare Online Claiming.
- Press enter to add the row.
If a Provider ID has been entered incorrectly and is associated to Medicare Online, please see the actions below to manage these issues:
- If the Provider Number has been associated with the incorrect Auth Group and there are claims against this Provider Number/Auth Group combination, the Provider will need to apply for a new number from Medicare as it cannot be removed from this Minor ID / Auth Group. A Provider Number can only be associated with one Auth Group.
- If there are no claims and the entry has been associated with the incorrect Auth Group, then the record must be deleted and then re-added. Program changes are coming to support this. Please call Bp Allied Support to be assisted with this in the meantime.
- If it is a data entry issue with the Provider Number, this entry will need to be checked as “Inactive” as the line can not be amended. A new line with the correct information will need to be entered. This will enable the change to be registered correctly with the claiming portal.
If these changes do not work, please call the Support team BEFORE trying to submit any further claims.
For any provider who requires Medicare online, Bulk Bill or DVA (VAA) claiming to be processed via Bp Allied, then the following needs to be set:
Health Fund = Medicare Online
Provider Number related to the Location and Auth Group selected
Location = <ALL> can not be used for Medicare Online Claiming
MOC Active = ticked
If not ticked, the Provider Number will not be enabled for Medicare Online Claiming.
See the Medicare Auth Groups report to confirm that the Provider Number is set up for claiming.
NOTE All Provider Numbers need to be registered against the MinorID with Medicare. Please contact support if you have any questions about this.
Each Health Fund that a provider requires claims to be submitted for needs an entry in their user information. The details required are:
- Health Fund – a line for each fund to be claimed for. But the <ALL> option can be used if there are:
- multiple Health Funds
- and the Provider Number is the same for each one fund
- and these do not need to be listed out individually on any Invoices printed.
If the <ALL> option is selected, any Health Fund without an individual listing will use the Provider Number in this line to process a Health Point claim. The Healthfund used for claiming is based on the client.
NOTE Please note, this does NOT apply to Medicare Online Claiming. It MUST have a separate line and be specified as Medicare Online.
- Location – If the provider number is the same for each location, then the <ALL> location can be selected, otherwise a line for each Fund/Location combination is required.
- Provider Number – Relevant provider number for the Fund/Location combination.
- Auth Group – disabled. Only relevant for Medicare Online Claiming.
- MOC Active – disabled. Only relevant for Medicare Online Claiming.
Click here for more information on Tyro HealthPoint Claiming set-up.
The top and bottom lines are both valid Provider Number entries.
The MOC Active field and Auth Group fields are disabled for all entries other than Medicare Online.
The red field indicates that a Provider ID has been set to Inactive. This is only relevant for Medicare Online Claiming entries.
TIP A Provider ID can only be associated with one Auth Group. In the example above, have two entries of the same Provicer ID against a different Auth Group is not valid. This is why one has been set to inactive.
The field Practitioner Provider Number can be inserted into Letters. It is based on the Practitioner and Location combination for an appointment for the selected Client. Some caveats apply to using this field:
- Only an active Provider Number for the relevant Location will be inserted.
- If Location = <ALL>, the field will insert this Provider Number if there is no provider number specified for the location.
- If the location is blank, no provider number will be inserted.
- If there is more than one provider number for a location, the first entry will be inserted.