On this page
- Follow the standard Client Invoice creation process as described in Creating Client Invoices with DVA Claim until the point where the Payment Processing dialogue box is displayed.
- When the Payment Processing dialogue box is displayed, Click No.
- In the new Invoice that displays, click Add Item.
- The Add Invoice Item dialogue box will appear.
- Search for the Item Code ‘KM’.
- Click Add.
- Click Add Payment.
- Select Payment Method = DVA Allied Health Claim.
- Click OK.
- The Claim Details - VAA Screen will display.
- Use the Record navigation at the bottom of the screen to move to the Item where Item Number = ‘KM’.
- Into Distance, enter in the total kilometres travelled.
- Type in CONFIRM and click Lodge Claim.
If there is no Item, then follow the information here to set one up.
This item is added to enable the return Payment from DVA to be added onto the invoice.
When a claim is paid by DVA, the payment for the kilometres travelled will be returned along with all the Benefit Paid information in the Medicare Claim History Report when the Check Status (All) button is clicked.
When this information is received and the Claim becomes ‘COMPLETE’, the related invoice is updated. The KM line item is updated with the kilometres benefit paid amount and the Grand Total for the Invoice and Paid amount are adjusted accordingly. This payment is logged into the Invoice History.