Before you start
The following information needs to be in Bp Allied for the client/claim before a DVA Claim can be made:
- Client first and last names
- Client's date of birth
- Client’s Veterans Affairs number - this can be validated in the Client record
- An appointment for a location that has a relevant Location Type and provider number for the practitioner supplying the service
- Relevant VAA Item Code attached to the appointment
- Amount charged for the service MUST equal the funding amount.
See here for information on White Card holders.
NOTE A Patient Claim, Bulk Bill or DVA Claim can ONLY be processed against a Client Invoice. They can not be processed against a Third Party Invoice.
Create an Invoice with a DVA Claim
- From the Appointment Book, right click on the client appointment to be invoiced.
- Select Create Invoice.
- Select Client as the Invoice Type to generate an invoice to bill a client directly.
- Click OK.
- If there is a Draft Invoice found for the current client then the following dialog will display.
- Click No.
- The Payment Processing dialogue box will appear.
- Click Yes or No accept payment.
- If not accepting payment now, click here to see how to add a payment at a later date.
- If Yes, the Payment Details screen will display.
- Select DVA Allied Health Claim option from the drop-down.
- Click Ok.
- The Claim Details dialogue box will display.
- Check the claim details.
- Type CONFIRM.
- Click Lodge Claim.
- The Medicare Online result will display. This can also be viewed from the Medicare Claim History Report.
- Click Ok.
- The Print Voucher option will display.
- Click Print to print the voucher.
- Click Preview to display the voucher.
- Click Save to save to the client's record.
- Close the Voucher. Do not minimise it, otherwise it will appear as if Bp Allied is frozen.
- The Invoicing screen will display including the Claim Status.
- An Invoice can be printed, previewed via the Print button options or emailed from here. The Reprint Voucher button will only display for an Invoice that has had a Bulk Bill or DVA claim lodged.
See more information regarding 3rd Party Invoices here.
Multiple items can be added to the DVA invoice to allow for the charging of consumables and other non-appointment related expenses. These can be added in the usual manner via the Add New Item button.
If there is no appointment date related to these items, the appointment date from the appointment item on the Invoice will be sent.
In most instances the default settings will be correct. Speech pathology claims will require a duration to be submitted with the claim.
Click Print to Print it.