Clinical communications include communications to the patient from the Inbox, Follow up Inbox, and the patient record.
You can send communications to patients in two ways from the Followup Inbox, depending on how your practice handles clinical reminders:
- Send single SMS or Best Health App messages to patients, or contact a patient and record a contact note
- Send messages in bulk by SMS, Best Health App and letter by running a mail merge.
Send bulk clinical communications with a mail merge
- From the main screen, select Clinical > Follow up Inbox.
- Use the Filter by... and Checked by options to show only those results that you want to send in bulk, to make it easy to visualise what will be sent. You can also action any results now that you do not want to send in bulk.
- Select File > Mail Merge to open the Follow up Inbox - Mail Merge window.
- In the Bp Comms tab, select the clinical communication template you want to use.
- If some patients will receive a letter, select the Letter tab and select the clinical communication letter template to use.
- Set the Update options on the right hand side to apply.
Bp Premier will check if each patient has consented to receive SMS or Best Health App messages of type 'Clinical Communication'. Patients who have consented and enrolled will be added to the SMS or App total; patients who have not consented will be added to the Letter total.
If you filtered the list on the Follow up Inbox screen, the filters will be already set correctly. If not, filter the final list to be included in the list of results:
- Checked by doctor filters the list to results checked only by the selected provider.
- Reports checked from filters the list to reports checked between the selected dates.
- Include determines the results to include based on the assigned Action. For example, you could untick all boxes except Urgent appointment to follow up urgent results by SMS or Best Health App.
- Mark as contacted will mark each investigation result as contacted and remove the result from the Follow up Inbox.
- Save a copy in each patient's record places a copy of the clinical communication into the Correspondence Out section of the patient's record.
NOTE Make sure the options you select here follow your practice's procedures for following up results.
Click Yes to confirm. Bp Premier will send the messages and deduct the total Bp Comms credits.
Sending results followup communications is complete.