You can import and export contact records between Bp Premier installations.
Can I import contacts from a different version of Bp Premier?
Best Practice Software do not recommend importing contacts from a more recent version of Bp Premier into an older version of Bp Premier, for example, importing contacts from Bp Premier version Jade into version Lava or Indigo. More recent versions of Bp Premier may include additional database fields in contact records that will not import into an earlier version's database. Importing future-version contacts may fail.
If you import contacts from an earlier version of Bp Premier (such as importing contacts from Lava into Indigo or Jade), any new database fields that have been added since the earlier version will appear blank after the import. If you have trouble importing contacts from an earlier version, you may need to recreate the contact rather than importing.
- From the main menu, select View > Contacts. The Contacts screen will appear.
- Select File > Export all contacts.
- Browse to the folder where you want to save the export file. Change the File name from the default if you want and set to Save as 'XML'.
- Click Save to export the contacts to file.
- Click on the Windows flag icon in the bottom right, select the down arrow to view apps, and click on BP Utilities under Best Practice Software.
- Enter a Bp Premier username and password into the login prompt. The Bp Premier Utilities screen will appear.
- Double-click the Import Contacts utility. The Import Contacts screen will appear.
- Click Load File and browse to the folder containing the contacts export file. Click Open. The list of exported contacts will appear in the Import Contacts screen.
- Tick the contacts you want to import, or click Select All.
- Click Import to import the selected contacts.