You can create custom prescription preparations in Bp Premier and add custom items to a patient's Current Rx.
Create a custom preparation
- From the main screen of Bp Premier, select Setup > Custom preparations from the menu. The Custom prescription preparations screen will appear.
- To copy and modify an existing preparation, select the Item name and click Clone.
- Otherwise, click Add. The Custom prescription item screen will appear.
- Enter a Name and Strength for the preparation.
- Select the Form of the preparation.
- Click Add to add an ingredient from the Ingredient screen. Enter a Strength and Unit for each ingredient and click Save to save the ingredient to the Ingredients list.
- Add as many ingredients as required.
- Enter any Other details that patients and providers need to know about this preparation.
- Select the Route of administration.
- Tick to check for Drug interactions and Disease interactions when this Rx is added to a patient's record.
- Enter the Quantity and Units for a prescription of this preparation, and the default number of Repeats.
- Select the Restriction that applies to this preparation.
- Click Save.
A provider can now prescribe the custom preparation.
Prescribe a custom preparation
- From the patient record, select Current Rx from the tree on the left hand side and click Add.
- In the New Rx screen, select Custom from the radio buttons along the top.
- Select the custom preparation from the list.
- Continue completing the new Rx like any other prescription.
IMPORTANT In Jade SP3, extemporaneously-prepared or compounded prescriptions should not be given to patients as an electronic script. There is currently no facility for pharmacists to enter the three-digit PBS code for these prescriptions if sent as a token. Best Practice Software recommend that providers continue to print compounded prescriptions until this is made available.