You can print medication charts in the NIMC (GP e-version) format.
- Open the patient record and select File > Print drug sheet. The Drug Sheet screen will appear, listing all the long term and PRN medications currently prescribed.
- On the right hand side, select 'National In-Patient Medication Chart' from the Select sheet to use drop down list.
- If you wish to use this format as your default drug sheet, tick the Use as default checkbox.
- Enter the Start date for your chart. The screen defaults to the first date of the current month, but you can change the date. The start date determines the start date for the administration date headings that print on each medication page.
- You can also enter the Weight and Height, which will print at the top of the first page of the chart.
- Click Print to display the Set Administration times screen.
- All long term medications will be displayed. Medications which have a standard dose frequency will have their Dose frequency and Dose times displayed automatically. Click in a column to update Dose Frequency and Dose Time:
- You can enter up to six dose times. All times are in 24hr format. Where the dose frequency is blank, you will not be able to select a dose time.
- Once you have entered the correct frequencies and times, click Print to generate the NIMC chart. At least four pages will be printed, but up to eight pages can be generated if there are more than:
- five allergies and reactions
- eight long term medications
- seven PRN medications.
- If your printer has a duplex capability, you should be able to print the chart double-sided to reduce paper.
- Click Close to close the Drug Sheet screen.
Default Dose times
Twice a day
Three Times a day
08:00 14:00 20:00
Regular 6 hourly
06:00 12:00 18:00 00:00
Regular 8 hourly
06:00 14:00 22:00
Four times a day
06:00 12:00 18:00 22:00