This article explains how to enable Bp Comms for SMS messaging only. To set up Bp Comms and enrol patients for both SMS and Best Heatlh App, review Set Bp Comms Consent for patients
You may already have performed this step as part of your initial setup of Bp Premier.
Contact Best Practice Software to register. Best Practice Software will ask you to complete and return a form. After processing the registration form, Best Practice Software will supply you with an SMS user name to enter during Bp Comms setup and your initial code to top up credit.
Configure Bp Comms for SMS
Set up SMS
- Select Setup > Configuration from the main Bp Premier screen. Select the Bp Comms tab.
- Click Configure SMS at the top to open the SMS Connection Information screen.
- If your network uses a proxy server to access the internet, tick the I use a proxy when connecting to the Internet checkbox, and enter the Proxy name, Proxy port, Proxy username, and Proxy password. If you are unsure whether your practice uses a proxy, your IT support can assist.
- Enter the SMS user name you were assigned.
- Click Test Connection to test the SMS connection. If the connection is successful, click OK to return to the Bp Comms screen.
- Click Save to save your Bp Comms settings.
You can now record consent and enrol patients to receive SMS messages.