Bp Premier provides two database accounts to allow your practice access to the SQL database and view data. The two available accounts are:
- BPSViewer: enables access to predefined views stored in the database.
- BPSRawData: enables read-only access to the tables and views stored in the database.
With these accounts you can:
- Use the Bp Browser utility to access some database tables read-only
- Use third-party applications to access some database tables read-only by ODBC link.
The BPSViewer and BPSRawData accounts are intended for your practice use only. If you want to enable integration with an approved third-party, you can do so by going to Setup > Configuration > Database > Setup third-party integrations. See Approving third-party integration for more information.
Set and use the BPSViewer and BPSRawData account password
Set the BPSViewer and BPSRawData account password
- Select Setup > Configuration from the main screen. Select the Database tab.
- Click Database browser. The Database viewer password screen will appear.
- Enter the password that you wish to use and re-enter the same password to confirm. Click Save.
IMPORTANT Do not lose the password that you set for this account, because these password cannot be reset by practice staff. Ensure that the owner of the data knows this password and you store this password in a secure location, such as the practice safe, as well as off-site.
Browse the database
- Select Start > Programs > Best Practice Software > Best Practice > BP Browser.
- The login screen will appear and the User ID will default to bpsviewer. Enter the Bp browser password. A Select table screen will appear, showing a list of tables that can be viewed and queried.
- Select the table that you wish to view and click Open. The BP Browser screen will display the fields and data that can be viewed for that table.
- Click Filter to display the Set filter screen.
- This screen builds statements for custom data searches on the selected table.
- Select View > Order from the menu to display the Set Order screen. This screen changes the sort sequence of the displayed data.
- Select File > Export to export a table in XML or TXT format.