On the 1 January 2020, classification rules for bulk billing rural patients changed. Download this PDF for more information. If this change affected your practice, follow these steps to ensure you are claiming the right incentive from Medicare:
- Log in to Bp Premier as a user with Allow Access on the Configuration permission.
- From the main Bp Premier screen, navigate to Setup > Practice details.
- In the Practice locations list, select the location that you want to change.
- Click the Edit button. The Location details screen appears.
- Check or uncheck Rural/Remote Area. If unchecked, Medicare incentive '10990' is used; if checked, '10991' is used.
- Click Save.
- Repeat the above for any location that has a changed rural classification.
- The classification changes affect all invoices created after the above steps are performed.