You should create a complex account if services have been performed over a range of dates, and you need to address all services in a single account.
If the account is for a single consultation and all services have the same service date, you should create a simple account instead.
Create new account
- Depending on where you are in Bp Premier:
- From the main screen, select Management > Create complex account
- From the
Patient Billing History screen, go to File > New complex account
- From the Account Holder History screen, go to File > New complex account.
The Account details screen will be displayed.
NOTE WorkCover defaults to the WorkCover address entered in the Setup > Configuration > Workcover screen. This is only valid in states where accounts are sent directly to WorkCover (such as Queensland).
Add service details
- To add items to the account, click Add item. The Account item screen will appear.
- Search for the MBS item you require and double-click on the description or double-click on the fee in the Fee list to populate the Description of service and Fee to charge fields.
- Set the Service date for the item. Complex accounts allow you to add items over a range of service dates.
- Tick Not normal aftercare or In hospital if applicable.
- If the service item claimed has a derived fee that changes depending upon the number of patients seen, edit the No of patients field. Otherwise, leave at '1'.
- Some services, such as excisions and care plans, require additional information such as location, or type. Enter this information into the Service details field.
- If your practice provides diagnostic imaging services, tick Self deemed to bill a diagnostic imaging item number
, or tick Substituted Service to bill a diagnostic imaging item number that has replaced the original service requested.
- Click Add to return to the Account details screen. Or click Add another to add the item to the account and clear the current screen to add another item.
- Repeat for each service you want to add to the account.
NOTE Certain items can only be claimed together, or duplicate items on the same day, if you supply a Medicare Restrictive Override code (restriction code).
Finalise the Account
- Finalise the account and process the payment for the account by selecting one of the following:
- Pay now — saves the invoice and displays the payment screen ready for the payment details to be entered
- Print — saves the invoice and prints a copy of the account for the patient
- Store— saves the invoice so that it can be finalised later
- Cancel — cancels the account or undoes any changes made to an existing account.
Last updated 23 July 2020